Locate a Dealer
Request a Quotation
What We Believe
Board Of Directors
Stepping stones to
- David Pieris Motor Company becomes an independent entity.
- The first subsidiary company - DPMC Financial Services - is launched.
- The first automated conveyorised vehicle setup process is commissioned at Facilities Complex I at Madapatha.
- DPMC Electronics (now David Pieris Information Technologies Ltd -DPIT) which specialises in software development and communications engineering is launched as a second subsidiary.
- DPMC Electronics commissions an island-wide data communications network which employs digital transmission and Nortel Networks Multi Service Switches.
- A second conveyor belt is developed and commissioned within a period of four months. A second Facilities Complex is set up at Bandaragama to streamline the distribution of spare parts.
- DPMC marks 10 years of service to the nation. A Regional Operations Centre is set up at Dambulla to decentralise the distribution process while a state-of-the-art paint booth is set up at Madapatha to facilitate the vehicle setup process.
- A second Regional Operations Center is commissioned in Matara. A new office and showroom complex is established at Battaramulla. An economy car 'Chery' is launched.
- A third Regional Operations Center is commissioned in Ampara. A third Facilities Complex is set up at Walgama, Bandaragama for Chery Pre-Delivery Inspection and three-wheeler crate storage.
- Facilities Complex IV is commissioned at Madapatha for the setup of motorcycles.
– Work begins at a new assembly plant for Bajaj vehicles at Ranna in the Hambantota District.
– Sales offices open in Jaffna in the North and Batticaloa in the East.
– The largest three-wheeler assembly plant in Sri Lanka commences operations in Ranna.
© 2012 David Pieris Motor Company Limited